Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Updates on this page and explanations for the existance of the platypus

I think I've already made a nice start here, and I'm glad. I can't wait to be able to fix my old computer and get the information of a hard drive that needs repaired- I have all of the documents for a class I taught on Wicca and Paganism for two years, and all of the notes from a class I taught on Tarot.

Back when I was teaching there were always plans for a website, but I didn't have the knowledge to do it. Now, I can preserve and share the work that I did in this format, and over time build a website from all the notes. Particularly after a letter I got from an old friend today, I feel moved to do so. Apparently something I said to him ten years ago in a conversation we had about Paganism actually made some kind of positive difference in his life. Knowing that made me feel very warm and fuzzy, and it also made me feel even more as though now would be a good time to make those things available for folks who might get something out of it.

Now, things are still informal, and I suppose I could just chatter about my experiences and background so people reading these notes can get a feel for where I am coming from.

I grew up in Michigan, and had what I would call natural mystical leanings as a child. I had an affinity for playing in the woods, with friends and especially alone. When I would wander around in wooded areas by myself as a young girl, I had moments of blissful feeling that made me have a sense f being connected to everything in the universe, and as though even being was an act of communion with the Divine. I was only about nine when I developed an interest in actually studying and trying to experiment with these Mysterious and Natural Spiritual things I could sense, but not exactly see or touch. I remember reading a few new age books on extra sensory perception and metaphysics, and getting a sense from them of things like techniques and uses of visualization and relaxation. They also showed me my first guided meditations, which I tried out on all of my friends at slumber parties and walks in the woods. ( LOL- but true. ) It was around then that I got my first deck of fortune telling cards, in a clearance bin at a hardware shop after Halloween for a Quarter. LOL. I taught myself how to use those, too, and also practiced at the coveted slumber party gatherings.

Funny enough, that was about 23 years ago.... and I -still- read cards, and have done so to make a living for a good many years!

Anybody who doesn't see a delightful and sometimes charmingly ironic sense of humor in the Divine has not heard of the platypus!

Love,
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment